Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
- Truth 1 (v. 18,23-25) – Biblically rooted wives submit to their own husbands as unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:22-24,33
- Submission is one of the great Biblical secrets to a happy marriage and true fulfillment.
- This is a JOYful submission centered on Jesus – knowing husbands are accountable to God to be the family protector and leader.
- Truth 2 (v. 19,23,23-25) – Biblically rooted husbands love their wives. Ephesians 5:22-33,6:4
- True love is from God, it is affectionate, sympathetic and selfless. This is the happy marriage secret. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- God’s love always seeks the best for the wife and family. A wife who experiences this kind of love has little difficulty submitting to her husband.
Kids have a right to godly parents who will teach them the Word of God and discipline them in love.
- Truth 3 (v. 20-25) – Biblically rooted children respect and obey their parents in all things. Ephesians 6:1-3
- Children who are taught to obey learn the secret of pleasing God.
- Children are directly affected by a parent’s input in their lives, especially fathers.
As the home goes, so goes the nation.
Husbands and dads, how are you doing? Are you honoring God by honoring your wife and family?
Wives and moms, how are you doing? Are you honoring God by honoring your husband and family?
Children, how are you doing? Are you honoring God by honoring your father and mother?
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23,24