Note: The first ~10 minutes of this sermon are missing from the recording.
Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
- Truth #1 – People who receive Jesus and abide in His truths supernaturally have spiritual freedom.
- (v. 25-30) Jesus offered and still offers real spiritual freedom to all people who will believe in Him and abide in his truths. Matthew 11:28-30
- (v. 30-32,36) People naturally are blinded to their spiritual condition. Sin exposes our condition. We are slaves until Jesus sets us free! You can always identify the slave and the freed. 2 John 1:6-11
- Truth #2 – People who reject Jesus naturally have spiritual bondage and abandon His truths.
- (v. 33-36) Whoever habitually practices sin is a slave to sin. Romans 6:23; Romans 6:23
- (v. 36-53) The master and father of those habitually practicing sin is the devil. Unbelievers will always blaspheme Jesus. 1 John 1:9
- Truth #3 -Jesus declared his divinity – “I AM”
- (v. 53-58) Jesus powerfully declared Himself God with the Great “I AM” revelation! The Jews understood what He was saying. Exodus 3:10-15
- (v. 58,59) Like so many unbelieving people today, Jesus was hated by the unbelieving people today, Jesus was hated by the unbelieving Jesus crowd. Hated so much, they wanted to kill him.John 15:17-21