Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
Recap from last week
• Philip listened to God
• Philip obeyed God
• Philip looked to see where God was at work around him
We recognize while God was calling Philip to a specific place and a specific person riding in a specific chariot, He was also preparing that specific person to receive His wonderful message of salvation in Christ alone!
- Salvation is God’s business. He sets the standard by which all people must be saved. John 14:6
- God was calling Philip to obedience and the Ethiopian to salvation. John 6:44
- Philip asked Biblical questions. Philip was prepared for his Divine Appointment.
- The Ethiopian asked questions that led him to the Truth.
- Philip gave the Ethiopian Truth. He gave him Jesus. We today must preach Jesus.
- The Ethiopian believed and was baptized by immersion. Salvation by faith in Jesus must always precede baptism.
- After baptizing the Ethiopian Philip was caught away by the Holy Spirit to his next God assignment.
- The Ethiopian went home rejoicing. Joy comes when people have a personal love relationship with the Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Philip traveled north and preached Jesus up the Mediterranean coast.
- The Ethiopian traveled south and preached the Jesus of Isaiah 53 and the Jesus of the New Covenant. Church history tells us he founded the Christian Church in Ethiopia.
• Salvation is in Christ alone, by faith alone.
• Baptism is for Believers. Baptism always follows belief in Christ.
• We must always look to, listen to and obey God.
• God is still at work all around us. We must join Him!