Sermon Direct Link
Rev. Clint Smith
In a culture which celebrates almost everything sinful, it can be difficult to stay focused on what matters. Holy living matters. Do not underestimate or under value your ministry in the Church and to a watching world.
What does it take to have true peace in the Church?
Jesus is the Prince of Peace, (Isaiah 9:6) and wherever He goes, His peace goes with Him. Jesus mandated the mission of the Church (Acts 1:8). He challenged His disciples to go with Him and take the Gospel to the whole world. (Matthew 28:18-20). The Church accepted the challenge through the power of the Holy Spirit and to this point has turned the world upside down. (Acts 17:6)
How the Church prospered in peace.
- The Church boldly preached Jesus as the only Way of salvation.
- The Church was united.
- The Church prayed together.
- The Church ate together.
- The Church worked on mission together.
- The Church multiplied and discipled new believers.
The Church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace (without persecution). The Church was built up through:
- Wisdom – this wisdom only comes from God.
- Virtue – living in one accord and being led by the Holy Spirit produces fruit. (Galatians 5:22-26)
- Faith – faith is a gift of God. It is the connecting powerful hope for the Church to fulfill God’s plan on the earth. (Hebrews 11:1-6)
The Church daily walked in:
- The fear of the Lord – reverent fear of God is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10; Hebrews 12:28,29)
- The comfort of the Comforter – the Holy Spirit (John 14:26)
- The encouragement from the Encourager -the Holy Spirit
How to proclaim with power.
Peter traveled taking the message of the Gospel throughout the countryside. Peter was a man of prayer and a man of action.
- (32-34) Peter encounters a paralyzed man in Lydda. Peter proclaimed to Aeneas that Jesus the Christ had healed him. He commanded him to get up and take his mat. Aeneas immediately got up.
- (35) This message and miracle caused many to believe in Jesus. They are in heaven today because of the faithfulness of Peter.
How to prayer with purpose.
- (36-39) Peter was implored by the disciples who lived in the coastal city of Joppa to come to their town. Peter came and encountered a dead, rich woman named Tabitha.
- (40) Peter put all the people out of the room and prayed. He needed wisdom from God. He turned to the body of the Tabitha and commanded her to rise.
- (41) Peter called the saints together to celebrate what Jesus did and presented Tabitha alive.
- (42,43) Many believed on the Lord.