Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
- Truth 1 (v. 1-4) – Christians must pursue a God-centered living.
- We must habitually keep our mind set on Jesus. It is a lifestyle. Look up! WWJD
- Since Jesus saved you, constantly look to see where God is at work and join him.
- You died! Your new life is in Christ Jesus who promises to keep you in relationship with Him forever.
- Truth 2 (v. 5-9) – Christians must put off a self-centered living.
- We must once and for all go to war with the evil temptations, thoughts and desires. James 1:12-19; 1 Thessalonians 4
- We understand and preach that God will punish those who reject the free gift of salvation found in Jesus. John 8
- We must attack and kill our day to day sin challenges because they take away our devotion to God. Romans 6:1-12
- Truth 3 (v. 10-17) – Christians must put on the new life of thanksgiving through the power of Jesus Christ.
- We must daily drink from God’s Living Well – The Bible! Psalm 119:1-16
- We must intentionally honor God by spending time with Him and His people. Psalm 37
- We must love one another in Christ as equals, sharing life and the love of God together. We are the family of God. We practice forgiveness and compassion.
How did you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
How do you grow in maturity?
Your answers should be – By faith!
“Knowing God’s voice comes from an intimate love relationship with God. If you have trouble hearing God speak, you are in trouble at the heart of your Christian experience.” H. Blackaby
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:16,17