Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
Saying Yes to God
We all know when we are in the wrong! some deny it, some lie, some confess ti and some don’t know what to do. We all deep down know God is real and God is right! Some deny it, some lie, some confess it and some don’t know what to do with God.
God has a plan. He wants you to say “YES” to him.
- (v. 1) Joshua said “yes” to God and began the process of fulfilling God’s promise.
- Joshua prepared his army for God’s battle.
- Joshua encouraged God’s people.
- (v. 2, 14, 17-20, 22-24) God’s spies said “yes” to God and began the process of fulfilling God’s promise.
- The spies entered enemy territory with a promise from God.
- The spies exercised their faith in God by trusting God for the victory.
- The spies encouraged God’s people.
- (v. 4-13, 15, 16, 21) Rahab said “yes” to God and began the process of fulfilling God’s promise.
GOD HAS THE POWER TO TRANSFORM LIVES! HE CAN TRANSFORM YOURS TODAY! SAY “YES” TO GOD.
Grace is God blessing us despite the fact that we do not deserve it. Grace is extending kindness to the unworthy.
Mercy is God not punishing us as our sins deserve.
Mercy is deliverance from judgment.
Grace and Mercy are best illustrated in the salvation that is available through Jesus Christ. We deserve judgment, but if we receive Jesus Christ as Savior, we receive mercy from God and we are delivered from judgment. Instead of judgement, we receive by grace salvation, forgiveness of sins, abundant life (John 10:10), and an eternity in Heaven, the most wonderful place imaginable (Revelation 21-22). Because of the mercy and grace of God, our response should be to fall on our knees in worship and thanksgiving. Hebrews 4:16 declares, “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Have you said yes to God?
Have you received the Grace and Mercy of God through his Son Jesus Christ