Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
“For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. No creature is hidden from him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give an account.” – Hebrews 4:12
- After his short stent in prison, Paul traveled to the City of Thessalonica. He found a synagogue in the city and he preached the Gospel to the Jews and the Greeks.
- Paul reasoned with the Jews in the synagogue from the Holy Scriptures. Paul knew what he believed, and he preached what he believed! He preached truth to the hearers from the Old Testament. Isaiah 53; Psalm 22; Psalm 16:1-8; Romans 1:16
- Paul put his trust in God, he had nothing to fear. He preached Jesus – the Messiah. Real evangelism is defensible.
- A Great Awakening happened, and many were persuaded to follow Christ. Romans 8:38-39
- Unbelieving Jews recruited evil men from the marketplace, gathered a mob, and set the city in an uproar. Paul offended the sinners.
- The unbelievers shouted, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.” They arrested Jason and others for hosting these men of God.
- While Jason and others posted bail, the Christians immediately sent Paul and Silas to Berea.
Are you making a difference in your sphere of influence? 1 Peter 2:1 – Confess your sins to God. He uses pure vessels.
Are you studying the Holy Scriptures? Do you understand Scripture can defend Itself? 2 Timothy 3:16,17
This week memorize Hebrews 4:12. Make His Word your guide.
People who seek, serve, and share Jesus will turn the world upside down!