Rev. Clint Smith
Sermon Direct Link
We are grateful to God how He inspired ordinary men to write the extraordinary story of our Savior and Lord. We understand it takes the Holy Spirit and whole counsel of God to help us understand His plans and purposes. Today we look at King Jesus’ triumphal entry into His city, the City of Peace (Jerusalem). Zechariah 9:9
Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem is not:
• Just a historical narrative for theological debate.
• About a donkey.
• Just a feel-good children’s story.
• Nice “once upon a time” tale.
• God playing games people play.
Jesus triumphal entry into Jerusalem is all about:
• The King of the Universe taking charge and presenting His will to His people – all people.
• Exposing the spiritual blindness of willful unbelief.
• Revealing the Amazing Messiah – Jesus Christ!
• God fulfilling Old Testament prophecies. God keeps His Word.
• God demonstrating His wonderful grace and mercy.
• Setting God’s stage for Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
• Proving He is King of kings and Lord of lords.
The common thing for us to see is how Jesus disciples did not understand what was happening, at the time it was happening. (John 12:16) They would later come to understand. So it is often with us.
The Jewish leadership refused to believe and today is languishing in hell.
Jesus is God, He did not wait for people to okay His plan.
The reality is, when God reveals Himself, you will either choose to accept Him or choose to reject Him, there is no middle ground.
• Have you ever accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
• Do you faithfully follow Him daily?